Tuesday 15 October 2013

Best Food in Kuantan!

  For few months I want to do this post but something stop me from doing it - Laziness. I hate YOU ! Besides that, I also use quite sometime to recover all the photo's aiks! Soooo... im sorry~ let's start blogging for now! For some people might know that I came from a small town call KUANTAN, Pahang.. Since I was a kid my daddy keep bring me discovery all the nice food in town. So what I'm going to introduce here is definitely the ONE and ONLY Best in Malaysia! * for me.... finger cross I swear ! * Get ready it's gonna be a long food post.

 The First Place I going to introduce is (肉骨茶 ) Bak-Kut-Teh! Seriously I don't think Klang is better than my hometown lol. Im going to apologize first. I don't know the black sauce thingy call what, but that really taste so so so so so so goooood ! =) I promise! For hokkien people usually love to mix ''kia kuih'' ( steam kuih ) with the black thick sauce.

Rate this 10/10 unbeatable record.
 
金龙肉骨茶 ( Kim Loong Bak-Kut-Teh )
Located at Medan selera 88 Kuantan.
Use GPS ok. Really easy to find this place.
( availble morning and afternoon, while stock last )
 
 
 
  The second awesome place that bring you good food is - Kon Lo Mee ( 干捞面 ) This place have simple and best Kon Lo Mee in town. You can choose to mix with mince chicken or cha xiu pork. For my recommendation please go with mince chicken!The chicken breast meat really taste so soft, you wont feel like you're eating chicken breast. I must have this at least once when I going back hometown.
 
Rate it : 10/10
 
祥记干捞面
Located at Kuantan old fish market.
Nearby Kuantan UTC Centre.
(Available for breakfast only )
* Que up at 6am is the best timming.
 
 
 
  Third place is pan-mee ( 面粉糕 ) For some people might not like this place because the soup might taste too strong, but for those who love thick aroma like me might love this place.
 
Rating : 9.5/10
 
关丹闻名妙记面粉糕
Nearby TNB Tower Kuantan.
(available from morning, while stock last .. )
 
 
 
  So enough for the breakfast, now let me introduce you lunch must have in kuantan - Cha Xiu Fan
aka chicken rice ( 叉烧饭 )
 
Rate it : 8/10 because too many rice, less pork, not enough fat.
 

美香鸡饭 ( Bee Hiang chicken rice )
Near Taman Tas ( Quite Far away from town )
(Available for lunch only, while stock last)
Recommended time : 11.30 am
 
 
 
  After lunch can try to have some cold and sweet dessert in the super hot weather. Cendol Air Putih, for me I really like the cendol pulut. Thumbs Up!
 
Rating: 9/10
 
Cendol Air Putih
Location: Nearby Air Putih Hai-Ou
( Available for afternoon only 12-4pm)

 
 
 
For those who are still hungry can go to taman gelora park and try out their curry puff. Kinda similar with Ikea curry puff. There's still lot's of stall nearby you can try out their kerepok lekor, fresh coconut and must have their curry puff.
Rating: 8/10
 
This picture credit to google.com
I've lost mine so sorry guys.
 
Location: Taman Gelora Food Stall
( Available for afternoon only 3-5pm )
 
 
 
For dinner the most popular is Alor Akar Seafood Restaurant ( 乞丐鸡 ) This place always crowded start from 6pm in the evening.
The recommended dishes are:
1) 乞丐鸡  aka herbal chicken
2) 拉拉上汤 aka lala soup
3) 招牌豆腐 aka famous toufu
4) 排骨王aka ribs with sweet sauce
5) kang kung belacan
6) 佛跳墙
7) 古老肉
Basiclly is the simple dish but it comes with big potion and reasonable price.
 
Location: Jalan Kubang Buaya (Jalan Berserah)
(Availble for dinner only )
Rating : 9.5/10
 
 
 
 
Ah Wah Restaurant
This place famous with their assam fish , ginger and garlic steam fish, tomyam fish. This Three kinds of cooking method is the BOMB! The price is freaking reasonable too. Yummsss...
Rating : 10/10
 
Location : Jalan Beserah , Taman East Coast
(Available for dinner only )
 
 
 
 Pak Su Restaurant
For seafood lover, here's the place that you must go. Try out their stuff crab with bake cheese on it. Thumbs up!!!!!
Rating : 9/10

 
 
Pricing is slightly expesive here, but worth for a try.
Location: Jalan Beserah ( Facing the beach )
 
 
 
This place located at Kuantan Famous Beach - Teluk Chempedak. At night there's one stall that sells only ice! This is my favourite  '' man tau xue '' ( in Cantonese )
 
Rating : 9/10
Located: Teluk Chempedak beach
 
So that's all for my food post, I know there still lack of information for you to get there. You can try follow my foursquare click here (Yvonne) or my instagram click here  ( Yvonne_von ). Till next time Bubye~~~
 
 

1 comment: